*ALL IMAGES ARE CURRENTLY BEING UPDATED. SOME LEATHER AND SOLE OPTIONS MAY NOT APPEAR CORRECTLY OR AT ALL
The Black Beauty to many Dayton customers is the only choice when they refer to their "Daytons". This was the boot that got banned in Bars all across western Canada and the Pacific North West and garnered Dayton its infamous reputation.
The Black Beauty was originally commissioned 1961 by Charles "Chunky" Woodward, the owner of the Woodward's Department Stores, for himself and his ranch hands at the Douglas Lake Ranch. This non-decorative western style boot features a single seam straight shaft designed so that neither the rider nor horse is chafed even on long rides. Originally made with a traditional leather sole, Dayton added the option for corded and rubber outsoles and the black beauty was quickly adopted by the motorcycle community as the definitive riding boot. It is a distinctively functional boot that can polished up for the office or a night on the town.
The Beauty is made on our 8223 western last in E and EEE widths.Standard Features:
- 6-7.5 ounce full grain upper leathers for fit and durability
- Goodyear welted construction for superior support, weather resistance, durability and easy resoling
- Leather lining, insole and heel counter stiffeners for fit and comfort
- Full length 1/4 inch cork fill for cushioning
- Steel shank for long lasting support
** we refuse to use leatherboard, cardboard, plastic, fabric/synthetic liners or foam or gel fillers.